ScripSmart is dedicated to helping consumers find the best gift cards. Today we're going to highlight one which is among the most consumer friendly we've seen thus far.
There are a lot of things we look for when calculating a Gift Card Score and we're happy to say The Container Store has hit most of the marks we set when evaluating an excellent program.
All the basics are covered and researching this card was rather easy thanks to the full disclosure provided by the containerstore.com. Here are some of the highlights:
- Gift Card Terms, FAQ and balance inquiry options are all online (and easy to find)
- They will replace lost or stolen gift cards with the original receipt
- It's redeemable at all locations
- It's redeemable both in-store and online
- Free shipping
- No purchase Fee
- No Fees, No Expiration
Here's what makes The Container Store's gift card stand out:
- It's refundable anytime with the gift card and original receipt
- You can combine multiple cards onto one, free of charge
- The FAQ states where refunds will be credited if merchandise is returned
One of the points we didn't like so much was listed in the Gift Card Terms:
"The Gift Card may not be sold or bartered."
However, given that it can be refunded at anytime makes that stipulation just a bit more bearable.
Gift Card Giving And Receipts
Just remember, when giving a gift card, always give your recipient the purchase receipt with the gift card. While your recipient will be able to select anything in the store when redeeming a gift card, it's quite possible they may need it to obtain a replacement or even want to receive a refund for the full value, as is allowable by The Container Store Gift Card.
For another great gift card which is refundable at anytime, see this post.