Last week I wrote about great College Graduation Gift Card ideas. This week's post is geared towards those graduating from high school. While one could use many of the gift cards from last weeks post for a high school graduate, this fresh list intended specifically for the high school grad in your life.
1. Cinemark Gift Card - Teenagers love the movies; so, why not treat them to a picture show? A gift card to the movies is a safe bet and a great option if you're looking to spend $25 or less; there are not many gift cards which can be used multiple times under the $25 price point. The Cinemark Gift Card can also be used at Century Theaters, CinéArts and Tinseltown movie theaters.
2. Chili's Gift Card - We all like eating out with friends and there arn't many more socail than teenagers. Chili's offers great means at a reasonable price and it's a popular option with consumers. They also have locations in just about every city; furthermore, the Chili's Gift Card is also redeemable at Romano’s Macaroni Grill, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, or Maggiano’s Little Italy so there will be plenty of options to redeem.
3. Game Stop Gift Card - This one is geared for the guys, most of them love playing video games. Game Stop is a major player with over 6,000 locations nationwide and sells everything related to video games. Reward your grad with some time off and some great entertainment.
4. Bath & Body Works Gift Card - The guys were just covered, now it's time for the girls. Bath & Body works offers a great way for the graduation girl to pamper herself with everything from frangences to spa treatments all of with make a great reward after getting that diploma.
5. 76 Gift Card - I can't think of a person who wouldn't appreciate a little help filling the up the tank, especially teenagers. Take your grade from an empty to full tank and watch 'em go! The 76 gift card is also redeemable at Conoco and Phillips gas stations. I just doesn't get any more practical than a gift card to the gas station.
A Few Gift Card Buying Tips
Gift cards make great gifts; however, there can be some gotchas which can make some gift cards a poor option for your recipent. Here are a few things to consider when buying your next gift card.
1. Understand the Terms of the product you are purchasing. Vetting out gift card terms can be a choir, so take advantage of ScripSmart's gift card reviews and Gift Card Score. If the gift card you're planing to purchase has a low Gift Card Score, take a closer look at the "What could be better" column to make sure you're cool with the terms.
2. Know your recipient. If your recipient doesn't drive or own a car, a gift card to a gas station is not a good idea. Also, consider their location and make sure they can redeem the gift card near by or at the very least online.
3. Consider the purchasing power of the gift card. Unless a person frequently shops a location, you don't want to give them a gift card which will require them to spend much money out of pocket. If you've got a set budget and gift card in mind, consider browsing the inventory on the merchant's website to see what level of selection is offered near the value of the gift card you plan to give.
One Last Thing
Congrats to all those who graduated this year!