It's Thursday and Mother's Day is just a few short days away. If you've been procrastinating and still haven't purchased a gift for Mom, it may be a too late to ship a gift across the country. However, it's not too late to send an eGift Card which is delivered via email to Mom. They make great last minute Mother's Day Gift Cards.
Keep in mind, because these are delivered via email, you're Mom is going to need an email account and you're going to need to know her email address. Here are a few great options for anyone looking to deliver a last minute mother's day gift:
1. Amazon.com eGift Card (Gift Card Score 84) - You can't go wrong with this one; Amazon is the largest online retailer and offers products ranging from the offbeat birdhouses to the practical kitchenware. Mom is sure to find something here and if she's on Facebook, you can send it directly to her Facebook Wall.
2. iTunes eGift Card (Gift Card Score 62) - Another great option. From The Beatles to Susan Boyle, iTunes has an incredible selection of music. Just be sure Mom has an iTunes compatible device before sending her to the iTunes Store with money to spend.
3. Kohl's eGift Card (Gift Card Score 81) - A great option if your Mom is not much of an online shopper. She just prints the email, takes the paper into her local Kohl's and presents it at the checkout. How easy!
eGift Card Tips
1. Check to see if it's also redeemable in-store. This is one of the most common limitations of eGift Cards and it's possible the merchant will not have the same merchandise online as they do in-store.
2. Give her a heads up you sent the email and verify she received the eGift Card.
3. If she can't find the eGift Card, check the Spam Folder or even the deleted items folder.
4. Just like plastic gift cards, it can be easy to forget to redeem an eGift Card, perhaps even easier because it's digital. Here are a few ideas for ensuring she gets the most out of your gift:
- Print the eGift Card and place it one the fridge as a reminder.
- Set a reminder in your calendar to see if she used it.
- Have her sign up for a ScripSmart account and take advantage of our Monthly Gift Card Summaries.
Naturally, I recommend using the ScripSmart Account. It's completely free, and offers a range of benefits from alerts for gift cards which are set to expire to companies who file bankruptcy. Sign up here.